HELP!!!

My neighbor lets her daughter come over every day to play with my son and she lets her stay at our house for hours on end without checking on her or anything. (shes only 5) I end up having to supply her daughter with drinks, lunch, clean clothes (when she gets dirty/wet), etc. Yesterday and today, she just busted up in our house like she lived there, looking for my son. On top of all that Im 40 weeks 2 days pregnant and not in the mood for her kid running all around my house, messing it up, especially when Im trying to get the house ready for a baby. Then when I try to take her home, our kids pitch a fit and Im standing there trying to pull my son away and the mom just walks away and doesnt do anything with her screaming and crying daughter, once again, leaving me to handle the situation. I just wish her mom would come over or call first to make sure its ok. How do i let her know Im not offering free babysitting services?!

MiCaHsMoMmY1206

Asked by MiCaHsMoMmY1206 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Just tell her how busy you are getting and that you would appreciate her calling before she comes.
    twdivine24

Answer by twdivine24 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• lock your doors!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Tell the little girl to go home. We had a neighbor that was like that. My son was 4 and he was 5. He would come over every single day, alllll the time. Even when my son wasnt home, and I would tell this kid...15 minutes later he was ringing my door bell again,lol. His name was Jo-Jo...and there is this Beetles song and the one part says "GO back home Jo-Jo!" HAHA...I used to play that really loud sometimes, me and my son still laugh about that.
    Anyway, in your case...tell the little girl to go home and if she doesnt, take her home and tell her mother you will let her know when she can come over, your busy right now or something.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Number 1 lock your doors
    Number 2 hand her a bill for services rendered a a baby sitter.
    Anonymous

• I like anon:55's answer! LOL And I totally agree with her....lock our doors so that the child can't just walk in. I realize your son gets upset when you have to take the little girl back home, so can you get someone to stay at your house to watch him for a few minutes until you can drop the girl off and get back home yourself? When you return the child, tell her mother that you are sorry, but given that you are going to give birth very soon, you would appreciate it if she kept her daughter away until further notice. If the kid keeps showing up, call the police and tell them that there's a little girl at your door who needs to go home, but the child's mother keeps sending her to your place or something. Once the police take the child back, I'm sure mom will be more considerate in the future.
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone for the advice. I ended up just asking her mom to call me first to make sure its ok for her to come over. Oh, and I have been keeping the doors locked just in case!! lol
    MiCaHsMoMmY1206

Answer by MiCaHsMoMmY1206 at 2:58 AM on Jun. 12, 2010