Do you ever feel you gave good advice and they never really take it?

Do you ever feel that you gave really good, sound, educated advice often from experience here on CM and the questioner never takes the advice?
OR Often there will be a few people who throw in absolutely ridiculous advice usually from a lack of experience or immaturity and it drives you crazy?
I say to myself sometimes "OMG I cannot beieve the advice I just read".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Every freakin' day on here.................
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• It happens all of the time in real life, not just here on cafe mom.

My stbx complains about various things constantly and I'll offer him solutions and advice, he never takes it. The it all blows up in his face and he admits that I was right all along but it's too late. Lol.

It's frustrating but I just keep reminding myself that I can't control what anyone else does. The only thing I can do is offer advice when I have some and be there to be supportive when I'm needed.
    It's up to them to make the decision to do something about it.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• IDK about online, but in real life, sure. I know I give great advice. Plenty of times what I say is ignored, then it is told by someone else. I'm like, "I told you the same damn thing!!" Oh well. I try to just keep my mouth shut, but it doesn't work. I can't help it, I was made to try and help people.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Yes, sometimes I have really good advice, and I write it out carefully, and the mom comes up with every reason why she can't take the advice, and even if I offer other solutions, there is always a reason, so at that point I give up.

Answer by Bmat at 4:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2010