Baby sling for large breasts and large baby!

I'm looking for one that's not too expensive. What sling works best for you? I'm 5'4, 155lbs and bra size DD.

My son will be about 4 months when we get it.

acurran88

Asked by acurran88 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I prefer a non stretchy wrap. But other options are ring slings and mei tais or even podeagis. It depends on your needs.  Price depends on what you want to spend: 

http://www.gypsymama.com/

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• You can find info on slings on this web site

http://www.kellymom.com/parenting/sling.html

I'm not up to date on current slings, I'm a grandma. I had large breasts and used a pouch type sling that I made myself that is like the New Native. I would think some of the wrap type slings might be better. I like the pouch type, used it a lot, and didn't have problems but I had babies that could nurse upside down. Just get them anywhere close and they knew what to do!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• they are saying now that you should not use a sling untill the baby is 4 months old. a few babies have died do to their chin being push down towad the neck and making it difficult to breathe
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I use a front carrier. I have large breasts and my daughter is 4 months old and almost 18 lbs. I do not like the streachy wraps that go all around my body- there always seems to be too much extra fabric. Also, do not buy a sling carrier. They may not even sell them anymore... but they have killed a lot of children. Just a simple First Years or Eddie Bower front carrier (I think i got it from target or walmart). I did have to buy padded covers to go over the 2 plastic clips close to my daughters face- other than that I love it!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:31 AM on Jun. 12, 2010