is my husband to strict

ok so my 6 year old asks me can she have a boyfriend(right in front of my mom) i just looked shocked then i started to laugh my mom on the other hand said:what do u need a boyfriend for? my daughter didnt asnwer so my mom said;get ur little hotA(word) out of here ok so i said go ask ur daddy
ok so she asks my husband and he flipped out this is what happened

Daughter:daddy can i have a boyfriend

husband:boyfriend?what the hel;l u need a damb boyfriend for huh what the hell is a boyfriend gon do for u?is the boyfriend gon buy u clothes?is the boyfriend con buy u shoes?is the boyfriend gon pay ur cell phone bill?is the boyfriend gon pay for u to get ur hair done every 2 weeks?

daughter:noo were just gonna talk and hug and play together

husband:noo u cant have no damb boyfriend untill ur 40 a boyfriend cant do s(word) for u

daughter:uggg i hate u daddy
is my husband to strict?? imeen shes only 6

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Your hubby is a nutcase! Why would he go off on a little girl like that?
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't say strict but I would say he is foul mouthed. When I was in kindergarten I had a "boyfriend" the kid I sat with on the bus and he'd kiss me on my hand and we'd simply play after school together. They are kids, lighten up and watch the mouth
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• the issue isnt strictness. It is that he went off and cussed at her over a silly playful question. Does he always fly off the handle?
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first respondent. Everyone took this situation to a very inappropriate level. It would have been better to get her explaination and then expalin to her how you feel. It probably would have been better if you talked to her about the situation.
    twdivine24

Answer by twdivine24 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Cussing at a 6 year old is horrible. And she really doesn't even know about boyfriend/girlfriend type stuff she just knows that other kids at school have them and what not. Also your mom calling her a hot ass...I mean really? I think you need to have a serious talk with both of them.
    Anonymous

• I think he needs to be taught how to talk to a 6 year old girl.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• why does your 6 yr old have a cell phone? sounds like dad is just worried (and with good reason) that his DD is growing up too fast.
    Anonymous

• Id say he was strict. It was cute she asked is she could have a bf. They dont know...well most anyways its just a part of learning. I had a bf that age too. He was a neighbor with my babysitter and we went to school together. We played at the playground with the rest of our friends. He gave me more candy in my valentine and bought me a ring out of the 25 cent machine. LOL.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 5:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Ignoring your husband fowl mouth which is another issue. I have to say he's right a 6 year old does not need "boy"friends or "girl"friends. They are 6 there is no reason for all of this "dating" stuff. That should not be confused with innocent childhood "boy"friends. My daughter at that age would say Timmy is a my boyfriend. Which would raise an eyebrow or two with relatives. They would say something a little snarky like "He is?" to which the reply was "Of course he is, he's a boy and a my friend!" :) There was not "love" interest as far as my daughter concern or not "dating". She was just simply stating the fact that Timmy was a boyfriend because he was a boy and her friend.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• The issue here isn't strictness but how disgusting your husband and mother speak to a 6 year old. They BOTH need to learn how to talk appropriatley. She was asking an innocent question that most 6 year olds ask and it's usually not what we think it means.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2010