16 month old - sleeping / nursing dependent

Hi,
My 16 month old is a very happy and healthy and wonderful little girl.. however, she still does not sleep through the night in her crib. I got into the habit of just bringing her to bed with me when she woke up at night (and I couldn't get her back in her crib or was just too tired to try).. so now, she expects to come to bed with me when she wakes up in the middle of the night.
Also, she is still an avid nurser! Which is fine, however I would like to curb this to once or twice a day (and she uses me as a pacifier once coming to bed with me now!)...
My main concern is her still wanting to suckle on me when we are in bed together. She gets VERY upset if I don't allow her to do so! Sometimes it goes on for a very long time... and if I try to move away from her she screams and cries...
Help! :)
thanks!

KellyJC

Asked by KellyJC at 4:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol sorry , i'm no help. I co-sleep with my 21 m/o. we just got her 3 y/o brother out of our bed ( and only b/c he wanted to sleep alone) and she still nurses at night. Just know you aren't alone and be following her lead you are doing wht she needs. =) GL!
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Wow! I thought for sure I would be almost alone on this one! thanks for sharing that you have a similar situation.. It definitely helps knowing that I am not alone! :) Some days I feel "guilty" that I haven't been more "strict" with her - - or whatever, but other days, I think that it is just fine and has helped her build confidence (attachment parenting theory :)) and that it shouldn't be a big deal..
    So, thanks so much for sharing your experience and support :)!!
    KellyJC

Answer by KellyJC at 1:47 AM on Jun. 12, 2010