How can I lure my dogs in?

We have 2 Golden Retrievers the female is 8 yrs. old and themale is 5 yrs. old anyway we never really let them play in our family underground pool bc of hair (well my dh don't want dog hair in the pool) anyway I bought them 2 poly pools from Walmart doe 10.00 ea. (kiddie plastic pool) I put some water in it like 5 inches deep and they sniffed around but never got in I even grabbed one of them and as I lifted him he let out all his weight like he did not want to go in there. The reason I bought them a pool was bit is so hot here in TX and they are mostly outside dogs. My dad told me about the pools that is why I thought mine would work but I guess not :( Any suggestions? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Pets

• they don't want to play in it b/c it's not doing any good...getting their feet wet is not the same as getting their body wet....they have a lot of thick hair and honestly shouldn't be left outside in the heat. I live in Vegas, so I know about heat....keep them inside during the hottest part of the day, then you won't have to worry about it. by the way, just my thought, don't EVER shave them bare to keep them cool. Their fur is what keeps the sun off of their skin. so many people think they are doing good by doing that, but it will actually make them hotter :( just keep them in while it's hot.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2010