Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm living with serious regret...

I had a repeat c-section with my second baby and I really really really wish I hadn't been such a pushover and insisted on a VBAC. Is there any chance I can do a VBAC after 2 c-sections?


Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • Yes!!! Try finding a midwife (few OBs will be willing to do it, thanks to insurance), discuss your situation, and you ought to be fine.

    Answer by musicpisces at 7:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

  • If you get the right doctor who will let you do it . My first was a c-section, second was a vaginal birth.

    Answer by louise2 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

  • I have heard that you can, but that is up to the doctor to make that decision. The hospital has to be equipped to handle that type of situation. There was a woman in the news who left the state she lived in so that she could have a VBAC and she had previously had 2 csections. Wish you the best of luck.

    Answer by twdivine24 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

  • Well the next time you get pregnant tell the hospital you want a vaginal birth if possible. I take it you already had your baby and had a c-section.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

  • There is a chance, but finding an OB willing to let you try it may be difficult.

    Answer by missanc at 5:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

  • Yes..Talk to your dr....I did 2 c sections and then had my 3rd v-back..

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

  • Yes!

    **Don't hire an surgeon to attend you or go to the "sick house" to deliver.

    There are plenty of things you can do-- start out by joining ICAN & go to meetings, that will help.

    Answer by doulala at 5:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

Next question in Pregnancy
baby shower