Anyone know how much weight is safe to lift while you are pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• 20 lbs is what i remember my doctor telling me
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Whatever you feel comfortable lifting. I still will pick up my 30 lbs 3.5 year old- I just do it carefully.
    Anonymous

• My doctor told me whatever i felt comfortable lifting. As long as i didnt "strain" to lift it it was fine. I am a very strong woman, so i really didnt have a limit. lol...
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• You have to listen to your body. Test the load, use proper lifting technique (bend your knees, not your back, carry the load close to you, etc), and if you start to feel like something isn't right, put it down immediately!! I lifted weights through my pregnancy, and just had to keep adjusting, based on my body changes. We also moved, so I just had to go with what I felt like I could do. Just go easy. A doctor may give you a set number, but that can vary.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I was told no more than 10lbs.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:04 AM on Jun. 12, 2010