Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals

Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I was going to elaborate....but I heard someone hear saying that the constitution protects ALL children born in the US
    Anonymous

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20100611/us_time/08599199606400
    Anonymous

• I dont think they should deny them birth certificates. That would be against the constitution. But the parents need to go back home and come back legally. There is nothing to stop them from taking those babies back with them. But just having a baby that is born in the US allowing you to stay illegally is not ok!
    Anonymous

• How can a person become a citizen of the USA if they are not allowed to live in the USA ?
    Anonymous

• Actually, at this moment it is allowed by the constitution that any one born here is a citizen regardless of where their parents came from. However, that bit was put in there so that the slaves who were recently freed could STAY here. I really doubt that the FF thought that we would ever have such a problem with illegals, so that people would sneak over illegally just to birth their babies here so that they could be citizens....it is just wrong, morally, and ethically. I also think it is disgusting...but that is just MY opinion on the matter, like that counts for anything....
    Anonymous

• Why is it when some said the President was born out of the US (not on a military base) but we consider him a native born citizen because his mother was American yet a child born of an illegal immigrant is considered native born American simply for being born on our soil?

Listen, I'm not one of the wacka-doos that think Obama shouldn't be eligible for office if he was born out of country. But I think we clearly have two standards here.

Anchor babies are a problem. Illegal immigration is a problem. Optional laws - are a problem.

I don't have a problem with immigrants. I *do* have a problem with illegal immigrants. The irony, of course, is that other countries - including Mexico and members of the EU - have the very same immigration laws and practices they are whining about Arizona trying to enforce (and btw, arizona's laws mirror the existing unenforced Federal law.)
    Anonymous

• Anonymous 4:14 is right about the constitution, it was put there for the slaves who were recently freed could STAY here.

Anonymous 9:10 is right when she wrote that Anchor babies are a problem. Illegal immigration is a problem.

side note: rich people from Asia will come here to have their babies and than go back home. These kids can go to collage here in the U.S years later. You can see why that law needs to be changed.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• At this point, I think the laws need to be amended to reflect the current problem with illegals!! Very simply, if BOTH parents are ILLEGALS in this country, and give birth to a child on US soil, then all members of that family are deported, and they are billed for the Labor and Delivery costs. If one parent is a legal US citizen, then the laws as written would stand. This would ONLY apply to BOTH parents being illegal!

Don't you think that alone would take care of the MAJORITY of cases where pregnant illegals make it over the the US border just in time to give birth? I should think it would! They KNOW their children will anchor them in the US, that's why they do it! If there was no BENEFIT to having your child here, they wouldn't do it!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:56 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• side note: rich people from Asia will come here to have their babies and than go back home. These kids can go to collage here in the U.S years later. You can see why that law needs to be changed.

***
    I wouldn't have a problem with other illegals doing this! As long as they go back to their home country for the years between birth and college--great! In doing so, they wouldn't be living off the taxpayer's dime until then!

College grants and subsidies are only given out to those who can actually get into college! Meaning, as college students they are among those who seek to improve their station in life, and not live off the government!

I am all for those earning skills and degrees to help prevent them from becoming dependent on the government--long term!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:03 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I'm all for it. Whatever we have to do. The Dems don't have a problem circumventing the constitution. I'm sure we can think of something. I'm so envious of Arizona. If it were not so hot I'd think about moving there.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 12, 2010