How to care for Water Lilies

My husband bought me a pot of water lilies for valentines day and of course they died a few days after I got them. Well I have finally got them to start growing back but what can I do to keep them alive this time.
I am horrible with plants.

mrsbean08

Asked by mrsbean08 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• you must not have totally killed them if they came back. . but I dont really know how to take care of them. I have mine outside in pond.
    njstewart07

Answer by njstewart07 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• like i said im horrible with plants all i know is they all disappeared and all that was in the pot was dirt my dad told me to put them out side i did and know it is starting to grow back.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• there are marsh lilies and then there are water lilies. If you have a true water lily put it in a larger container and give it a little compost or fertilizer near the roots and submerge it in whatever water container you have. Make sure the water level continually stays above the dirt in the pot and you'll be maintenance free.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2010