Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I get out of here?

Me and my husband just separated. So I'm staying with my parents but it is not a good situation. I have no job skills except child care. So how am I supposed to get out of here and support my son on my own? I do get $300 a month from his dad but that's all my income right now.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (6)
  • Find a job! I'm sure you have more skills then child care, flip burgers if you have too. Save money, find a roommate that can split living cost with.

    Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

  • It's a good thing that you're staying with your parents. Your parents can help you babysit. You could go to college to get a certificate/anything related with child care. Do one thing at the time. Education is a first.

    Answer by Energ8zr at 6:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

  • OP- my parent's won't help me babysit. And they make me feel like crap every chance they get. Saying stuff like they can't wait till they have their life back. So no, staying here is not a good thing.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

  • You don't share you and your husband are separated and that's none of my business. However, I'm sure your folks know and depending on what that situation his their harshness towards you MIGHT be a result of their personal feelings regarding your husband and your relationship with him. Do they feel you are separated for a just cause? Or that you and your husband should be working things out and getting back together w/your husband? I'm NOT saying their feelings are correct, I'm just trying to understand why they my be harsh towards you in this regard.

    Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

  • OP- I really don't think that's it. We have been having problems for a while so I think they know we are not going to work things out. And my dad never liked him anyways.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

  • If you need money and have no child care, perhaps you might consider a home business opportunity. This would give you the flexibility to choose the hours you work and you could work as much or as little as you want with your son right there with you. Another good thing about a home biz is you can take it with you where ever you go, totally portable.

    Message me if you want more info

    Good luck and hang in there.

    Answer by MaryJacobs at 10:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.