This is for the moms who are sick of the moms on PA

What do you suppose the government should do? Should the government issue an amount of children you can have while getting the assistance and sterlize them once the limit is reached? Should adoptions be forced on mother's with PA? How do you think the government should regulate it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Check it out - another dead horse! Let's beat it some more!
    Anonymous

• WTF happened to "welfare to work"? You'd get PA and really awesome job training for a time.... and they'd both help, encourage and eventually force you to find a job.

I think there should be a "cap" or a lifetime max..... and more things u need to do while on PA. verifiable medical and dentist visits. parental counseling. resume training, job training, at least 2 job interviews a month, etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I feel like the parents (not just the mothers) should be put on a program to pay back what they get. Community service work. I also think the amount that someone receives PA should be limited to 2 years total in a lifetime.
    Anonymous

• Give it up lady, if you haven't noticed, there are MILLIONS of FAMILIES without jobs and not many jobs available. It's not usually lazy, trashy people on PA. Look in the mirror before you comment about what should be done with people who are on PA. Most people are 1 paycheck away from homelessness. YOU could be standing in line, jumping through hoops to put food in your kids tummies at anytime.
    Anonymous

• What's wrong with having more children? If they have good parents these children can grow up to be good hard working citizens.
    Children are the hope of the future.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 6:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Well I guess that I should be classified a piece of shit to you all. I am a SAHM of 2 children, have been for the past 4 years due to my daughters medical problems. I am VERY thankful that their is public assistance since I would honestly never be able to afford all of the medical bills she has racked up in the past 4 years. My husband had a very great job and due to our economy lost it last November and now we are having to use the bridge card. My husband has been looking for work since November and still can't find a single decent paying job that would make ends meet for the children, bills, and household necessities. I think you should honestly "live in someone elses shoes" before you make assumptions about people that need assistance. You are no better than I am, and if you were to see me out on the street you would never even think I was on PA. Just remember not all people are SCUM, some people DO need the help!
    Anonymous

• The gov't. should pay for the ones that are already born. If a woman is already pregnant that one should be paid for unless the woman quit a job for anything other than health reasons. If a woman gets pregnant while on PA the gov't. should not pay for anything, including prenatal care or delivery. The gov't. happens to be 'we the taxpayers' whether or not people on PA want to hear that. Taxpayers work and have their own families and bills to take care of. Many of them work, go to school, pay for childcare, and have to do without a lot to do those things. They don't 'owe' strangers squat. No one should expect them to keep paying for more kids just because ~~~~ (insert excuse here).

If you're on PA and angry because I think this way ~ take a look in the mirror. Someone wants to take away benefits that you didn't earn and you're angry. Think about those who are doing without who DID earn their money! Forced charity is theft.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Gee, glad I don't know some of you ladies in real life. I don't think I would like you very much. Have you ever been in a position to need help? Pray that you NEVER are. Asking for help through PA is about the most humiliating thing I've ever been through. I would rather give birth on national TV with no censoring the view, than to go through that again. Instead of trying to regulate every one else's lives, make sure that YOURS is just perfect, m'kay? And thanks for making a crappy day that much worse.
    Anonymous

• Take a look at the system in Georgia. That would be a start for every state.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Why dont you worry about you and everybody else worry about them? Some people ( like you) are clod hearted and can give a fuck about anybody else but yourself sitten on the computer all day talken shit to everybody. Thats pretty sad. Do you know what I really wish I wish and pray that people like you would loose everything you had and than try to fix it without any help ( and im not talken bout runnen to mama and daddy for help) I really mean all by yourself. You have 3 dollars in the bank and lets see how long it would take you to find a job and where ya guna live and feed your kids, O wait and clothes and how are you guna pay for your sons 20 dolla field trip when you have to worry about everything else and only have 3 dollas in the bank?? O and since you dont like PA than you cant have that help either. O and by the way im not on PA I just care about people and have a heart.

Anonymous