Big family stroller delima

I have 3 girls (4, 3, & 1) and I'm due to have my first boy in Oct or Nov :D. I've been looking around but I'm not sure what I'm looking for exists. Is there a four seater (or a three seater that you could squish 4 into) that doesn't weigh a ton, take up the whole back seat, & cost over $1000 dollars? For all the moms that have a lots of beautiful babies what stroller do you use or what do you do to make it work? The older two walk and sit very well without running off, and are small enough to fit snugly in a sit and stand on one bench. My one year old can walk, but slowly, and sits well when strapped in. Ideas? Thanks for your help! :)

ChristianMamaO3

Asked by ChristianMamaO3 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Travel

• OMG I just saw a lady today w a fabulous stroller! Not sure what your budget is but check out Valco.com They have a twin stroller with a toddler seat that attaches to the middle. You have to see it to believe it. I might order the Matrix for my daughter. GL
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I've seen them on craigslist before for $650.
    Another option would be to carry the newborn in a beco or ergo, and push a triple stroller, like the joovy big caboose.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I was going to suggest a carrier or sling also. I only have 2 girls, but I also occasionally watched a friend;s dd, and I'd put the friend's dd and my oldest in a double stroller and wear my infant so we could all walk to the park together. It worked out great. My Ergo was $92 at myfavoritebabycarrier.com but it has been worth every penny, and my Graco double stroller was a yard sale find for $5.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• MLM0503- which one were you talking about on valco.com. I was only seeing double strollers, maybe I missed it.
    Rileysmom425-I've seen the joovy big caboose, I like it best out of what I was seeing, heard its huge though. We have a huge SUV so I know it will fit if I can manage to lift it. Do you know how it handles?
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Raybird1031- I have a real nice baby sling , that might be the only option for now. I have a double stroller also, but I cant imagine pushing all four in there when the baby grows out of the sling, it already feels like pushing a boat with the ancors down with 3 in it. lol
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• If your on a budget I would get a double stroller, and get a good sling or something like raybird said... and alternate baby being warn by you, and kids taking turn walking.. My 3yo barely rides in a stroller & now we forget to bring the stroller sometimes to the zoo & she does just fine.. Also big places like zoos have nice strollers that can fit 3 kids easy..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=quad+stroller&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=I8ASTLSuIYL0NcTL5b4L&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CDMQzAMwAA

amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• amymartinez0214-AWESOME thank you!
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I have a regular Joovy, and it folds very small. If you remove the sun shades, I can fit it in the back of our svu in either direction.
    I've heard good things about the big caboose. It seems to be a great choice for moms like us with the kids close together. Some people have places that rent strollers so you can try them out, or you could post another question, here, or on a birth board to get a review from a mom who has one.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• My friend has the same problem as you and they make these stroller clips where you can clip together regular strollers to extend them. I know I've seen the cheap ones for umbrella strollers at Babies R Us but the more technical ones she has you'll probably have to specialty order online. Maybe just try Googling it if that helps any at all!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2010