Would you rather...

1.) a to proud to use PA mom works two jobs, puts her kids in daycare all day and has no relationship with them, and hopes they eat at daycare because she can't afford food or enough clothes...

2.) a SAHM who is on PA, but takes care of her own kids and makes sure they are cared for...

I grew up w/type 1 mom... We didn't see her besides the time it took her to pick us up and take us home for bed. We were cold and hungry all the time because she was to proud to take the help. But after all the anti-PA questions I see, I wonder if this is really what people would prefer to see over someone who is going to actually care for their kids...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• Neither because my situation is way different and still as difficult. And i 2 wish people would get over it PA will always be around and thank god it is or alot of children and families would not survive.
    Anonymous

• I think people would prefer the SAHM to at least have a job. And then if she still needed PA that's OK. But it's just not right to stay home and except others to provide for you.
    Anonymous

• i'm a middle ground mom. lol. my daughters learn so much and absolutely love their daycare... but i won't work a job to the point of never seeing my children. they need me more than anything.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 6:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• OK showing my ignorance here but I'm from Pennsylvania (PA) I'm hoping there aren't anti-Pennsylvania posts going around - what do you mean by this?????
    Anonymous

• PA is public assistance.

I'd rather be mom #1 for a couple reasons. 1.) I'm financial smart, so I may have to work now, but later I won't have to. 2.) I"m convinced that those who can tough out hard situations gain strength and determination that helps them get through other problems.
    Anonymous