For those who are strict religious belevers (any religion) - Who would you rather raise your kids??

Just a hypothetical - something happens to you or you can't raise your kids so they end up in foster care... Assuming the family is a kind and loving what would you prefer...

A family who is VERY religious and pushes your kids to follow their beliefs - which are opposite from your own?

Or A family who isn't religious at all and believes it's better to pick your own path, so they teach a wide range of beliefs rather than just one??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The second option.
    Anonymous

• I'm not a strict religious believer so obviously the second option as that's how I plan on raising my kids anyways.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• We a child is put in your home as a foster child you have to raise them in their own religion even if it differs from your own. You swear to do this when you sign up to be a foster parent.
    Anonymous

• Anon - I don't know where you heard that, but it's very wrong. I have had quite a good bit of experience with the foster system, and there is NO mention of religion in the foster parent paperwork. However in my state to be certified as a foster parent you have to be active in church activities... So that could be why. PA is different from other states, but I don't think it's that different...
    Anonymous

• I would have them raised in our faith. In fact, years ago we had already prepared our wills to state the our minor children would be given to people who would raise our children in the same faith that we are.
    aviv2762

Answer by aviv2762 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• anon743 - in california you cannot force them to go to church... i know this for a fact as my parents were foster parents for over 30 years... it wasn't always this way.... but in the last few years that they had children in the home before completely retiring....they were told they couldn't make the kids go to church..
    Anonymous

• The second option...
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 9:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• The second option definitely.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 10:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• 2nd
    Anonymous

• tough answers. i don't think i can choose either option. i would trust that the Creator would guide them to worship him and him alone
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 AM on Jun. 12, 2010