TMI: Every time i travel i get nervous and....

Every time I travel I get really nervous & my stomach gets upset...
This time Im going to be traveling with DH family! And now my stomach is really getting upset.. and Ive had diarriah all day!
Anyone deal with this? How do you handle it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Health

• Yes- Actually I have seen a doctor and a therapist for both. Unfortunately I do not have insurance at the moment and I honestly can't afford to do a colonoscopy, I have had this for the past 3 years now, and I have completely changed my lifestyle for the colitis and I do have good days, but when they are bad, they are BAD... I can't even leave my house at times because I know I will have to be close to a bathroom. With my anxiety and OCD, I have been put on meds for it, but they made me feel like a zombie and I couldn't stand not being able to function properly. I too am the same way with going places, I will not even run to the gas station without my husband because I am afraid of people (believe it or not). I have panic attacks if things aren't happening the way they are supposed to, and if I go for a walk without anyone but my dog I think everyone is going to abduct me and kill me. I HATE anxiety disorders!!!!!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Take some immodium before you go. Or even talk to your dr about some anti-anxiety meds. My friend went to China for the olympics and got valium from her dr for the trip.
    Anonymous

• I actually live with that everyday, I have an anxiety disorder along with ocd. Everyday I go through phases of nervousness for no reason at all, but whenever I get stressed or nervous my colitis acts up, it is not fun. My stomach feels like it is being ripped inside out, and my butt feels like it is gurgling (I can't explain it any other way). Then I have horrible cramps and awful diarrhea. I would look into Irritable bowel syndrome, or Colitis... It all correlates with your diet, stress level so on and so forth! I hope you can find the answers you are seeking to find. It is a very embarrassing thing.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I agree. Practice deep breathing and relaxation several times a day. Many people have anxiety when they are outside their normal routine and area.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Ali--- Did you see a Dr or a therapist?
    Ive seen a dr before & they gave me a freakin COLONOSCOPY! I dont have a job because of my anxiety! And yea it effects my life daily, just going to the store feel likes an accomplishment!. I ask my dr if I had IBS & they said no right away.
    Anonymous