For those of you who believe that ALL non-believers are damned...

Do you feel those that have never heard of the bible are damned also? There are small tribes all over the world that have never heard the bible... Are they in your mind doomed? Or is there a cushion in the belief?

Often wondered about this... My mother says that it's impossible for someone to die without hearing the bible, God won't let them... I just think that's nuts! God isn't going to step in and not let someone die just because they haven't been exposed to the bible... So what about all these people?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 6:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• God works in mysterious ways.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Actually the bible says all would hear about Jesus... not necessarily be able to read the whole bible. There's an area called the 10/40(?) window... it is an area that is the most unreached nations in the world... there is great focus by missionaries to reach these small tribal areas. However the bible also says,

Romans 1:20 From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see his invisible qualities -- his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God.

Also Jesus Christ will not return until every single person has had opportunity to hear about Jesus Christ.
    Anonymous

• All people have their theories about the afterlife. Just because they haven't seen/read the Judeo/Christian bible does not mean their god will turn on them. This is that bad attitude I can't stand about organized religion. If you don't believe their way,apparently you're going to rot in hell!
    Anonymous

• Oh please spare us the revelation crap. There is no dooms day and I think it is horrible for ministries to go to other countries with the mind set to convert them so they are saved. I didn't know that and now that I do I am glad I walked away
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• God knows everyone's heart. If someone never heard of Jesus, God knows whether or not they would of rejected him.
    m2KnL

Answer by m2KnL at 7:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• The whole world is being mislead. But there is hope for everyone! Yahweh's plan is glorious! Also the 1000 years is when the saints [people baptized with the name of Yahshua] will reign alongside the Messiah and we are to teach the remaining people on the earth the truth that had been concealed from them since Yahshua's death. So for those situations for people who did not have a chance we believe they will before judgment day arrives. Hallelujah! Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• wonderwoman - you do realize that not just Christians go to other countries hmmm mormons, JW's, etc. and why is it a bad thing if we feel they are helping them and missionaries do more in these countries then share their faith... they feed, bring medical help, build, help orphans etc.

I can understand walking away from religion, I did but I came back to a relationship with Jesus Christ I don't know your story so not sure what made you so bitter against God and Jesus Christ or those who have faith in Him and want to share their faith.
    Anonymous

• uh..I am not bitter against god as I do not believe in just a "god" I just don't believe in the bible or that Jesus was sent down from heaven. I have a problem with converting. I don't believe people should go around the world trying to convert. Maybe that is my personal point of view on the subjecta nd I could be wrong on that. I have gone back and forth many times between believing and not and I finally have had enough
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 7:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Hey Sabrina..would that include children too? Just curious as they really have not heart the word or understand it. I am just curious about children who's parents don't teach the bible
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• okay, so you've had enough i get it... but why make the rest of us feel bad for our faith in Jesus Christ. So many of these posts say we're brainwashed, idiots, delusional, blind followers, trying to get brownie points, miserable, etc. For most of us that is not the case.... when Christians go into other countries we go with a heart of love and to help others. In many of these countries we are putting our life and our freedom on the line because of this love and desire to show compasion and help all in the name of Jesus Christ.
    Anonymous