• In the Spotlight:

"Pagan Ministry" - would you welcome the preaching?

We tend to see Christian ministry as just a part of life. We have all learned to ignore the guy on the corner passing out information and the "free bible" spam we get, we all know how to handle Mormons or JWs at the door... But how would these SAME PEOPLE deal if it were Pagans or Wiccans out there trying to spread the message? Would they get the same avoidance, or would things get ugly? What do you think??

**Yes, I know Pagans don't prothlesize - this is just a what if...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think we would get more hostile responses.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I agree...it would be another war lol
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Havve you seen the youtube video of when 2 atheists decided to do this? You can skip to the 3 minute mark, that's where the door to door thing begins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMXD4iwklcI

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I grew up as a JW, and went door to door with them as a kid. I have seen so many types of hate for these people it makes me sick. I actually saw a few of them physically attacked! One woman had to be hospitalized after having a bucket of dirty mop water dumped on her head from a second story window... Personally, I don't know that the response would be any worse in MY area, but mostly because I think many people around here see JWs and other ministers as "more evil" than Pagans... It's that attitude that they are traitors while Pagans are completely on the outside... But I think overall the response would be worse and more violent just because people don't understand what Pagans believe or believe they are "demonic" and dangerous...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I think it would get ugly.

People tend to not like the status quo messed with in some circumstances and I think this would be one of them.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• They do do it in my opinion just under the mask of religion.
    Anonymous

• Anon..15>>>> They do do it in my opinion just under the mask of religion.
    Could you plz explain this? You do have my curiosity peeked ...

As for the OP's ?... It would get ugly... Ppl fear what they don't know and fear change more than that...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Sabrina that is horrible to hear. I am always nice when then come to the door. I don't think they deserve the rudeness.
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• It would get unbelievably ugly, people take what's different, make it the enemy and launch their attack. When I was in high school I remember some kids found out I was a pagan, they kept threatening me with all kinds of horrible things. One kid finally asked me what I believed so I told him, after I explained my beliefs he said I needed to be burned at the stake and pulled out a lighter. When I told one of my teachers they told me, and I quote "maybe they wouldn't be so hard on you if found jesus, they're only trying to look out for you, maybe you shouldn't preach your devil worship to them.".....I was horrified by a response like that, and as many years as it's been since high school I still can't bring myself to trust anyone I grew up with because of that. And I wasn't even "preaching" I was answering a question.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 7:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• If you were to approach me and try to preach Paganism, I would listen to what you have to say, and then I would tell you why I have found hope in what I believe. I would share the Good News, that I put my hope in, and I would treat you kindly. But I cannot promise that would happen with just anyone. In fact you may get spat on or things may get physical. You should hear the things people call us [me and my assembly] for just using the Holy names from people who prefer to use other things. But as a worshiper of spirit and in truth, I will suffer as my savior because I am no better than him. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2010