Would you be okay with your teenager dating another teen who is expecting a baby?

Just wondering. I am not in this position, but dh and I got to thinking the other night about people they may bring home (we were watching a tv series that this happened on). Is this acceptable? Would you "accept" them dating anyone they like or would you hold your child to certain standards?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I set a standard for my son-that HE be a decent human being. that he treat others with kindness and not harsh judgement...so if he dated a girl who was preg I thin k my first thought would be"what a kind child I raised to care about a girl who has obviously made mistakes". the worry about the baby and all that, I would not assume that she needed a "baby daddy", nor would i assume she was promiscuous, I would save that for getting to know her better- and even THEN I would try not to judge. God forbid someone judge my child that way....geesh.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• No we would not be ok with that.
    Anonymous

• no,that would not be ok with me

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• honestly, I'm not sure how I would feel about this. I would be worried, because no offense to the girl or boy, but I would worry how promiscuous they were. I would worry how the child would come into play.. would my child be around for the child, will this effect the child if my child becomes close to their child, and they later separate.

I mean there would be a lot of concerns here I would have about this situation. I'm honestly not sure how I would even discuss this with them at that point. Thankfully DD is only 2, so I have a while before I have to worry about this situation.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I agree with PP
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Nope, not ok.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• My youngest and only available is 22. I would be ok with it if there wasn't a lot of drama. We have talked about it and about how it would be much easier if he avoided dating people with children because then you have to deal with their exes and the exes family and maybe other crazy people.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I wouldn't think anything of it. We would get to know the girl with out judgement (we have all boys). Hubby was a teen dad (the baby passed away from SIDS when he was 2 months old). The baby was born 5 months before we started dating. Him and the girl weren't together anymore. His mom didn't like the fact that the girl was pregnant so she sent him to NJ to live with his dad. Thus leaving the girl, pregnant and alone in SC. Hubby and I have had long talks about this, and even though he wasn't interested in dating/being with her. He would have done whatever he had to to be a dad to the baby. So, we would give the same respect to our kids and whoever they are dating.
    Anonymous