what are some summer fun ideas for an infant?

my son is 8 months old. i was wondering if anyone knows some summer fun stuff to do with an infant. i don't want him to be stuck inside all summer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• go for a walk, take him on the baby swings at the park, bring a blanket and go lay down at a park in the grass - have tummy time, bring a bottle, bring some toys, im sure you could even bring him in a pool with you for a little bit, go get ice cream - let him have a little
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• there isnt much hon. first of all be sure to keep him in if its too hot, and use sunscreen and a hat. you can go to a pool and hold him in the water with you, really at that age, anything new and bright are going to be "fun" go to a park and lay in the grass, let him feel the grass on his piggys. at 8 months you are going to be right with him so anything you do, he will think is great as its new to him. have fun and dont stress, like I said they are so stimulated just by the world, they dont need to be entertained constantly. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Get him a little swimming pool if he likes water. Take him places early in the morning or at sunset or in the evening. Do unusual stuff. Go watch kids playing baseball. Put him in a carrier and go for an evening hike. Take him out to eat at a buffet. Go mall walking. Go to the pet store or humane society. Better yet, volunteer to foster a kitten. We had two foster kittens (and 3 cats and 2 dogs) when my grandson was living with me when he was that age (along with his mother and father and my other 2 sons, we had a full house). Go to yard sales and let him touch stuff. Walk around a university campus, they usually aren't busy during the summer and have interesting trees and buildings. Try to get out of the house and do something fun every day.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• summer and infant do not equal fun.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2010