has anyone had hysterectomy to remove chances of ovarian cancer or breast cancer?

Has anyone had hysterectomy to remove or reduce chances of ovarian cancer? Does anyone know if i chose to have hysterectomy- will that reduce my chances and what is the percentage of a better prognosis. I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE TAMOXIFEN FOR 5 YEARS WITH THE RISK THAT IT INCREASES OVARIAN CANCER ....

Elda90042

Asked by Elda90042 at 7:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Health

• Depending on your age the doctor/surgeon may try to only do a partial hysterectomy. Most of the women I talked with (for several years before) told me to have a full. I had my total five years ago. I stopped taking hormone replacement after six months. Best decision I ever made.
    You may not be high risk now but what about when you hit seventy or eighty? My mother in law knew several older women who had partials in 30/40's and later developed ovarian cancer.No matter what the oficial studies state I did not want to take that chance.
    P.S. My "personal" life improved!
    Anonymous