What should I do about this?

What do you do when you have a "friend" that only calls you when she needs a babysitter so she can go out to the club, parties, bars etc.? Only because she knows I don't go out and is usually home with my kids and DH. I try not to be mean to people but it's like every weekend and I am tired of her asking me. WHAT DO I DO?

If I say no then then she will ask why and get mad at me. Her whole attitude changes then.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You have to keep saying no, and when she asks, just say that you are not available. She doesn't need any more explanation than that.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Why do you care if she gets mad? She's just using you for babysitting. Some friend she is!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I agree with butterflyblue19

I would just tell her that you made plans with the family
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I'd tell her that you are not available as a babysitter because you are enjoying your family on the weekends, and you wouldn't want her to miss an opportunity to hire a steady one because she thinks you are available ;o).
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 8:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• You say, "I'm sorry, but I already have plans." If she asks you what your plans are, just tell her that your husband has made the plans for the two of you and is keeping it sort of a surprise. Or just tell her that it was a rough week and you need to spend some alone time with your family. If she gets mad then she isn't a friend. She's not much of a friend to begin with if she only calls you when she needs you.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:46 AM on Jun. 12, 2010