ha ha ha is this common for anyone else

I'm 17 wks pregnant and the doctor has a hard time finding the heart beat with that thing they use as soon as she gets it he moves and finally after 5 minutes she got it and he was really really active afterwards. He isn't normally really active he moves here and there but when they did the sonogram the other day that said he was a boy he was active a lot after that and then yesterday he seemed really calm didn't really feel him very much but when that nurse went to moving that thing around trying to find him he was really active when she was done ha ha ha almost like he was mad is that common with any of you not really moving around until he or she has been poked and proded on?? He also is seeming to move a lot when I sing too

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Mine did that once- I think it was at around 18 weeks. The nurse also had a hard time at one point because he was just soooooo low that she was having a hard time finding him.
    Anonymous

• Yes, that's pretty common that early. My son used to kick the doppler every time. Repeatedly. When I got further along, I'd poke him, and he'd poke me back. Plus, there are waves that are sent through your stomach to pick up the heart beat, and those can possibly be detected by the baby. Same thing with ultrasounds.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:02 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• yeah my babies always had a fit with the NST's and dopplars and sonos. They didn't like to be bothered...lol Even when I pressed my own belly to feel em, they'd kick/punch back in the exact place I just pushed down on. Currently 33wks pregnant and this baby doesn't like it when I clean the house....bending over and picking up....it's like he stretches in defiance lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• oh yeah! Very common, My daughter was punching the lady through my belly when she was prodding my belly during the ultra sound...you could see her little boxing fist going 90 miles an hr! It was so funny, there just very aware of their surroundings and hey, Id be upset if I lived in this tiny little bubble of a space and being tried to get in it too! haha
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 8:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2010