Can your milk still "come in" if your baby is almost 2mos?

I've been pumping drops and nothing has helped. I even tried breast feeding every two hours and its been 24hours and he acts like he's starving all day.

Asked by sonya4reel at 8:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Can you try feeding him, then after he's done, go ahead and pump, to build your supply up? Also, try to drink a glass of water everytime you nurse. Do you think a better pump might be more useful?

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• If you are not eating and drinking enough ...stress and lack of sleep also can cause this problem. We have to take care of ourselves so that we can take care of our babies. My sister swore by eating graham crackers...she said that they made her milk come in like crazy... good luck

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I would also suggest you speak to your dr about your milking problem.

Answer by dakotaNrye at 11:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• YOu might have the wrong size pump or you might want to massage your breasts before feeding and pumping.

Answer by Queentdi at 1:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Drink lots of water. When I was breastfeeding if I did not drink plenty of water I hardly made any milk. I would chug a glass right before feeding and then sip on one during. Breastfeeding taks a lot out of you so its important to stay hydrated. If I even did not drink enough water I hardly produced any milk at all. But when I drank a lot of water I could pump 8oz a side! Good luck and keep at it. You could always talk to your doc too. They sometimes have helpful tips.

Answer by ZOSO at 12:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2008