clear stretchy liquid

wondering if it is normal to have a clear stretchy liquid when I wipe no blood and im about 34 weeks along... its not a sign of early delivery is it?? i didnt have this kind of discharge before, not even during my last pregnancy... there was no color to it it was just thicker/clearer then normal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like cervical mucus. I had it too. Normal. Unless it's a weird color or has a smell (or your water broke) it's usually normal.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I had it, and copious amounts of it! It's pretty normal, as long as it's clear/whitish. As you probably know, your discharge will continue to increase over the course of your pregnancy, and the consistency can change, too. My guess is that this is getting your vagina lubed up for a kiddo to come out. I would ask your doc if you're unsure, but I wouldn't stress too much about it.
    Red flags can include red, brown, orange, yellow discharge (or pretty much any color other than clear or white), foul odor, itching (even some of that can be normal, just because of increased moisture), and cottage-cheesy consistency. From the sounds of it, yours is normal.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• dischrge is very common in pregnancy and increasing the further along you get.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 8:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I didn't get it with my first but it started with my second baby two days before I went into labor.
    Anonymous

• I had this alot especially the last week I was pregnant.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:00 AM on Jun. 12, 2010