How do I keep my neighbor's cats from peeing on everything in my yard including my house?!

One of my neighbors has a lot of cats and they like to use my yard for a litter box and place to mark their territory. Is there a way to get them to stop marking on everything (and pooping everywhere too for that matter)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Pets

• On youtube i saw that this guy set up a motion sensor on his sprinkler to have it spray the cats!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• OP here, I do have one of those and it was kind of expensive. It does work somewhat, but only covers the one corner of the yard. I put in in the corner nearest their house, but they just go around. I've also tried moving it to different places so they never really know where it will be next, but they still come. I'm really not a pet person but I'm almost thinking of getting a big mean dog to scare them away. But I don't really want the responsibility of a dog right now.
    Anonymous

• Walmart sells a animal repellent (cant remember the name of it) its organic and it like sandy dirt. Its safe around plants and children and really really works. It cost about 11 bucks.
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 9:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• oh and I would say something to her. My neighbor said something to me about my cats using her flower bed as a litter box and I bought her a container of it. They are my cats and I take full responsibility of them.
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 9:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Call animal control and have them picked up.
    Anonymous

• I had a neighbor with 5 cats that messed up my yard and porch. They ate the fish in my pond several times. I finally just went to the Humane Society and borrowed an animal trap. It's a big cage that you put food in that lets an animal in but not out. After two of those cats went to the pound and they had to pay a fine to get them back I didn't have any problems with them again. :)
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 10:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Borrow an animal trap, trap them, and take them to animal control. They aren't your neighbor's when they're on your property.
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 10:57 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Ugh, sorry! I just think that's so rude. I don't let my dogs run all over and poop in my neighbors' yards and I don't see how it's okay for cats. They have caused a lot of damage and smells to our lawn and house too. : P
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 11:00 AM on Jun. 13, 2010