what do you do when your kids hear and feel things, that most people would say is not there?

today 2 of my kids told me they have heard people call there names and no one be there. they have heard it several times. and another one of my kids said they have felt someone touch their shoulder when no one is there.

I can't and wouldn't tell them it's not real. I've felt and heard things all my life. i remember hearing someone call my name many times. when i went into labor with my last baby someone told me to get up it was time. i was still in early labor and the contractions was nothing. i've felt where someone would touch me or put a arm around me when i felt blue. so i can't tell my kids it's not real, i've been told that all my life.

but what can i do? and what would be going on? and yes i am a christian and i strongly believe in the spirit world.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• well you can just honestly let them know that you have experienced similar things and also explain to them that many people do not and that some will judge them for this. help them understand how to be discerning about whom to talk to about such events as well as to make sure they understand to keep you informed as to what is going on. there were several times in my life when i would clearly and loudly hear my name being called (sometimes my daughter, sometimes others) when people were sound asleep or not there. it hasn't happened in a really long time, but i know that it happened. i really didn't try to figure it out... there are some mental illnesses that can cause such things, but unless your children are frightened or being given instructions to do things, I would just help them accept this gift...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I too have been able to tell when I have a different type of presence around me, or in a room I am in. I have been able to have these feelings since I was a child. I actually used to be able to see things that most people couldn't. With age things have dissapeared a little bit. I wouldn't encourage anything, just allow the children to know what it could possibly be (age acceptable). You can never be too careful since you can never truly tell what type of spirit (if a spirit at all) you are dealing with. They can come in many different forms. I had to actually speak with a ghost expert about my daughter. She is 4 and has been seeing things (talking to someone who is with her at all times and she calls him "grandpa", which we call everyone "papa"). But the thing we are dealing with isn't nice. We are dealing with an elemental, they pick on the young and fear us adults they are cowards.. cont.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• my daughter wakes up in the middle of the night crying because something is biting her toes, or poking her, pulling her hair. These things can start out harmless, but the more you pry out of them, the worse it can become. Be careful with the route you take. Live your daily lives as usual without acknowledging them. Leave them alone and they will leave you alone!! Good luck with everything. Just do NOT provoke them.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• How old are your kids? That would be the first way to determine how to approach it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Hmmm I might be able to help hun. I am a medium and channel energy. That is of course if I have your permission
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• OP
    my kids are 6, 8 and 10
    Anonymous

• All 3 of them have these experiences? Wow....good luck with this. I always wonder about these things. My oldest is 22 months and wakes up almost every night. For no reason. I sometimes wonder if "something" is waking him. One night in his room I actually said out loud, Who ever is bothering him you need to stop. I have another baby to care for and he needs his rest.... Needless to say he still wakes up LOL Poor things though.
    I would think the 10 year old and 6 year old would have a different understanding of this. Are they scared of what's going on? I have read some of Sylvia Browne's books and watched a lot of "shows" about this and to some degree would encourage them to interact. But then of course like ali said, you have to make sure who/what you are dealing with.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• op here

no they are not scared. but my 6 yr old was talking to someone that no ones else saw (that was a couple weeks before christmas), the after christmas she said that my brother gave her a present.and that she had talked to him several times before.

my brother past away in Oct. of that year and she had never met him because we live in a different state and had not been able to get home to visit. that was when she was 3
    Anonymous

• I am going to bed but I will get back to you tomorrow I promise :) much love
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• its God or an angel letting them know that they aren't alone and giving them emotional strength.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 12, 2010