How do you know if it's pink eye?

I woke up this morning and my eye was very red and painful and still is now at 6pm, but not quite as red. There was some white stuff in it this morning but hasn't been more. Do you think it could be pink eye? Right now I'm just waiting to see if it gets better or worse. When would you go to the dr for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Health

• there would be a dark yellow ooz. pink eye usually goes away by itself in a few days. sounds like you have allergies but even if it is pink eye you'll be fine. get some redness reducer drops from the store to sooth your eye
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Just went through this with my husband last weekend. He woke up and the white of one eye was red and he said it hurt but it wasn't itchy and there was no yellow/green discharge. We couldn't get him into the eye doctor until monday morning. It was a broken blood vessel in his eye. The eye doctor gave him normal eye drops to keep his eye moist, but no medication because there was nothing they could do but wait for the blood to be reabsorbed. It looks much better today.

If it was allergies both eyes would likely be pink. If it was pink eye you would have yellow/green discharge.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:29 AM on Jun. 12, 2010