My husband cousin just passed away.... How should I tell him?

My husband is underway and won't be back until next month but I just found out his cousin has passed away.. Do I email such news(He is in a small submarine under water) or do I wait until he get(This could upset him not knowing for so long)... Or is this something I should report to RedCross. Not sure how to handle this... This is just very sad:-(

missvicky

Asked by missvicky at 10:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• You need to tell him asap!
    Anonymous

• I will agree with anon. Nobody likes to be the bearer of bad news but you may as well just email him right away with the bad news.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 10:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I am not one to email bad news but if that's the only option you have, I would do it that way. I wouldn't wait a month to tell him though.
    Anonymous

• Ok but he still won't my email until the boat comes up which could take a week... Does anyone know what the procedure is and how to report a death through redcross?
    missvicky

Answer by missvicky at 11:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Call Red Cross first thing in the morning.
    Anonymous

• Contact Red Cross though a local chapter or call (877) 272-7337. They will need your husband's info such as name, rank, unit, location, etc. I am not sure how submarines work as to if they will be able to notify him right away, but at least it is a start and it is the quickest way to notify him in this situation.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• ok thanks!
    missvicky

Answer by missvicky at 11:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I agree, Red Cross

Answer by admckenzie at 12:21 AM on Jun. 12, 2010