Help!! My dd just got over a stomach bug and now won't stop playing or eating her poop!!

She had diahhrea for days and it would come out onto her sheets and crib about 3 times a day. So I have been constantly taking her baths and cleaning her crib and sheets blankets etc. She has gotten use to her poop coming out onto everything so now that she is finally pooping normally she will take it out of her diaper and play and eat it. I'm cleaning the house and she is down for the night and I look thru the monitor And she's going at it again! What to do?!!

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 10:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OMG! That's not good.
    Anonymous

• Try putting her in a onesie or something that she is unable to get into her diaper! Other than that maybe go talk to your doctor about it im not sure...
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 11:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• thats gross but shes still little and u can tell her its nasty all u want too but now she thinks it's good so i don't know what to tell u how old is she???maybe putting her diapers on backwards wld work for u it worked for me lol but mine wasnt eating it he was playin in it
    Anonymous

• I'd say first and foremost get talk with her doctor. From what I've read about it, it's not so uncommon and doctors worry the most when it's not their own poop.

They also are saying this about small amounts of poop. Yet yours seems to be habitual. It would seem you're not alone in the struggle to stop her from eating her own feces.

Get the fuzzy one piece pj's that have no feet but zip down the front. Put them on backwards so they couldn't reach the zip. Duct tape the zip down? Just an idea? 

Good luck take care and watch for more diariha, worms, pink eye ( if she gets it in her eye) etc.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 11:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• my dd loved getting naked so we duck tapped the tabs on her diaper...also put the diaper on back wards ,or a onesie(like suggested) also put pants over the onesie!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• She's 18 mths and this only since she started having stomach bug a week ago. I do have her in onesies and don't want to put her in too much clothes because it's hot. But I guess I'll have to now

op here
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 12:57 AM on Jun. 12, 2010