Is this tacky?

My DD's birthday party is next Saturday. It's a Sesame Street party and we are doing a simple burgers & cake for close friends & family (only 15 people are coming). Anyways we don't have a lot of extra money for decorations so I bought most of them from the $1 store...including a SS napkins, plates, & other cute stuff. I even found a SS birthday coloring book.

My question is, would it be tacky to color pictures of the main characters, cut them out, and put them on the wall? I did a practice one and it looks cute, but I don't want our guests thinking we're being cheap at our DD's expense. I know my DD would think it's awesome cause she's only turning 2, and I know she's what matters, but I don't want to look tacky in front of our (DH's) friends...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not tacky. It sounds like a creative and delightful idea! Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Answer by Bmat at 11:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Why bother decorating? But if you really want too, that won't be tacky. Everyone knows kids birthdays are fleeting and not a huge deal to the kid anyways.

Have her color a few.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• i think it sounds great ur trying to make her happy not anyone else so try to let her help decide what goes up and how u guys do it make it a fun thing cuz it will be very exhausting afterwards lol trust me
    Anonymous

• Have her color them if she is old enough.. That would be cute!
    Mandy211

Answer by Mandy211 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Have them color them and then take them home.....def. not tacky! YOu are doing what you can and it will be great!!!
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I don't think it's tacky. I am queen of doing my own decorations. I got some small paper plates, a box of Wall-e valentine cards when they was 90% off and painted the plates blue, cut out the Wall-e's from the cards and glued the Wall-e's to the plates and glued three plates together and made standing up table pieces. They were really cute. I also did posters with the wall-e's and had Happy Birthday on them. I love arts and crafts though.
    Anonymous

• I think it would be fine!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I think you'd be better off going back to dollar store and buying a bag of balloons and a thing of ribbon (2.00)... and decorating by hanging balloons. *use ribbon to tie together*

They also have the decoration ribbon for a dollar as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:05 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I did a sesame street party for my son's 2nd bday. We did it on the cheap, too. I just put up streamers because I didn't have the time to color and cut out photos. It is a cute idea and if you want to do it- go for it. Also, feel free to put up the ones your kid colored. You can later use them for thank you cards (paste ruled paper on the back and mail the whole sheet to grandparents, etc). I use my son's drawings for all letters we send home.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:41 AM on Jun. 12, 2010