Laparoscopy question

I just found out yesterday that I need to have a laparoscopy to diagnose and/or remove endo and possibly some scar tissue.

How much recovery time is needed?
Is the pain similar to a c-section?

I haven't talked to much in depth with my doctor yet as she does that in a pre-surgical visit. DH is planning on taking a week off since we have 21 month old twins and to help take care of me.

mommyerin02

Asked by mommyerin02 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Health

• I had one 11 years ago it hurt a little but nothing like when i had my c sections.....I was up and moving around like it was nothing so you should be fine.....
    Xjmommi

Answer by Xjmommi at 11:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I had one done a couple years ago. It hurt to walk and move around for about 3 days for me, but after that, i was up and doing well. good luck.
    Anonymous

• I had one. I was back to work a couple days later with no problems

Answer by admckenzie at 12:24 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I had thsi done last year (also had my tubes done) but you will have a couple little scars(I have 3, one in my belly button and 2 small ones at the bikini line) recovery was pretty easy for me the worse part was the gas pain(they fill you like a balloon and dont always get it all out) it settled in my shoulder buta heating pad really helped it. Just take it easy for a few days and all will be okay.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:23 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I had it done on thursday to remove 2 cysts and check for endo. I have 2 incisions: One in my belly button (it stings alot), and one on my bikini line (don't even feel it). I was told to take it easy this weekend, by Monday I should be able to do whatever I want.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 12, 2010