WHAT DO U GUYS THINK OF THE NAME OLIVIA SPELLED ALIVIAH ?

I'M HAVING A GIRL AND LOVE THE NAME ALIVIAH JADE BUT WHAT DO U GUYS THINK OF IT???BE HONEST PLZ

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Spell it normal. The weird spelling will cause all sorts of pronunciations

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:06 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Please, don't.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I'm not one for "unique" spellings, but i actually like it!
    liz.1986

Answer by liz.1986 at 12:09 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I named my son Camden and a lot of people suggested different spellings but it just isn't my thing. But I agree with PP with this name it seems to work. I think it makes it more feminine and I love the name if not associated with an olive. lol So getting rid of the O is a good thing in my eyes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• actually you can spell it that way..
    http://www.babycenter.com/baby-names-aliviah-58545.htm

I like it. Especially with Jade. At first I was like Olivia.. yuk.. (sorry I seriously hate the show, lol). But with an a, it sort of gives it a different sound. A-liv-ee-ah sounds a lot better than O-Liv-ee-ah.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:16 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I hope you're joking....
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:21 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I imagine it being pronounced "Alieve-iah" (like the headache medecine). I would not spell it like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Yuck to you weird spelling! If you are going to use Olivia then please spell it the right way!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Honestly, if you hadnt put Olivia in your post. I would have thought it was ALI (as in Muhammad Ali) VEE-HA. I have a friend who has a daughter named Olivia and she spelled it a little different but it is still looks and sounds like Olivia. She spelled it Olivea. She wanted a name with the word Live in it.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:35 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Sorry I think the different spelling would cause problems-- people would not know how to pronounce it and mangle the name, and when people here the name Olivia they will spell it as Olivia-- and your child will constantly be correcting people on how to spell her name.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jun. 12, 2010