Are there any moms on CafeMoms with children diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome

Our 10 year old daughter was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome almost two years ago. She has therapy every two weeks.

IamDianne

Asked by IamDianne at 1:44 AM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Kids' Health

• yes my daughter is in her 20 and so I have many years dealing with this so message me if you would like to talk and get support in private
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:08 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I meant to say she is in her 20's...sorry was distracted
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:10 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• My 6 year old son was just recently diagnosed with Asperger's and a side of ADHD, lol. He's about to start therapy for the Asperger's and is on meds for the ADHD--which has actually improved school for him at least. He still has massive issues socially and with sensory stuff and eye contact.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 2:17 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• hi there, my 16 yr old has aspergers - Here and happy to be added as a friend, for chats whatever... also I am a memeber of the group Parenting Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. There is lots of friendly members, support and info - you can click on my profile and look at my groups to find it.. Hang in there, Mommy, it's gonna be okay
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:42 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I have a 13yr old with aspergers. If you need someone to talk to feel free to message me.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:37 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• not me personally but i taught sunday school and had two 3rd grade boys with aspergers in my class. one's mom put him on a special diet that worked miracles in a matter of a couple short months - the other's did not and he continued the behavior that is troublesome in "normal" environments. just wanted to mention this to you as i have personally observed that this diet can really help children....
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2010