tea tree oil and pregnancy.....

does anyone know the side effects? i bought some shampoo and i used it, when i looked up tea tree oil online it said not for use in pregnant or nursing women. does anyone know why? or if it is harmful?

joycegina

Asked by joycegina at 2:14 AM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Tea tree oil is a very good stuff for your skin and I am not to sure why it saids stay away from it when your preggo but I do know it is an all natural product. Why don't you google it and see what else comes up and you can also go to ASK.COM and ask if it's harmful for preggo women?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I have to ask cause I just went to ask.com and it said it is not dangerous at all. Italso said don't confuses tea tree oil with tea oil. So did you make that mistake just needed to ask/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• nope it was tea tree everything i looked up said not to use it... here is the first link i found it says under safety concerns    http://altmedicine.about.com/od/herbsupplementguide/a/TeaTreeOil.htm

joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 2:30 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Honestly, the amount that's in the shampoo isn't going to harm your baby. I wouldn't worry about it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:16 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• interesting... I know I couldn't use tea tree products while I was pregnant but that was because they made my skin itch horribly. normally I can use it without a problem though.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 12, 2010