MY 5 AND LEFTY ???

My last 2 kiddies both started out as a lefty lyke me..but my 5yr old started pre-k this past school yr..he started doin everything wit his right..said something bout bein diff from the otha kids in his class..i'm a lil disappointed..how do you get over it..i felt we had thatt small connection being lefty..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on Jun. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• omg how petty seriously
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Life is easier for people who write with their right hands. My mother is left handed and she's always complaining about things like checkbooks, diaries, ink that doesn't try instantly, scissors, and a host of other things that are right hand friendly. If he can teach himself then not only will he have an easier time of it but he'll probably be able to write with both hands as he grows up which can come in very handy.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:29 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• He might be truly ambidextrous and that is an awesome thing. I would just let it go and tell him that he could use which ever hand he felt most comfortable with.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 7:47 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I would let him choose. I'm a lefty and neither of my children are. I was really hoping to get a lefty, but whatever.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 8:45 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• my kids are both ambidextrious
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I'm a lefty my kindergarten teacher actually made me do everything with me right so I would fit in and about a week later I started doing everything with my right hand at home and my dad hit the roof! The very next day he went up and told that woman that if I continued to do things with my right hand that I'm supposed to be doing with my left that he would file a complaint and she told him that I was going to go to hell for being left-handed. Sad but those beliefs are still out there today.

Anyway the point to the story is ask your child if he wants to switch or if he's being made to switch, just to make sure.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 12:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Sorry I hit the button too quick, I agree that he could be ambidextrious which is really neat! My middle son is Ambi and so is my brother, even though for a while my brother hated it cause my sister and I called him a mutant LOL. Other then them I'm the only lefty in my family too.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 12:04 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• You should not left him do that it has been said before that it goes against the brain wiring and can cause issues. Just a heads up mama!
    Anonymous

• Its not THAT big of a deal.. My god!

I'd be more concerned at your sense of spelling. But that's just me.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 12:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I'd personally be more worried that he's getting grammar and spelling skills from you rather than being a lefty.

That being said - if your son is the one that made the choice to chance to being a right hander - get over it!
    Anonymous