WTF????

was I wrong in thinking that this website was a place to come for advice and support from other women that know what you are going through? I posted a question and couldn't believe the answers i got!! check this out and tell me wtf is going on!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/429211/_How_can_I_fix_this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 AM on Jun. 12, 2010 in About CafeMom

• i gave you a good comment! I think those women were maybe having abad day? im not sure but it was beyond rude. dont let mean people get to you. it will just put you in a bad mood when you could be in a good mood!!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:45 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• you got a lot of good advice. if you wanted folks to molly coddle you, you should have told them that. Cafemomers tend to tell it as they see it
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:10 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Cafemomers tend to be b*tches that is what they tend to do. she didnt ask for advice on "should i have gotten the book?" She asked what she should do with her daughter that throws tantrums all of the time. And she gave this scenerio as an example.

CAFEMOMERS TEND TO ADD IMAGINATION TO PEOPLES QUESTIONS OR TOTALLY IGNORE THEIR QUESTIONS AND JUST MAKE THEIR OWN COMMENTS ABOUT RANDOM CRAP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• hey anon, get a grip on yourself
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:17 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• No. It's the truth and I'm sure hundreds of moms on this site would agree with me. women on here are rude, evil, inconsiderate. for the majority. There are a select few that are helpful sweet and nice, but the bad definitely out weigh the good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• most of the time when someone thinks someone on cafemom is all of those things, it is only because those mom didnt say what the person WANTED TO HEAR. there are some rude ones stay away from bitch groups and fighting groups though and you will find plenty of support
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:23 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Reading through the answers to your questions, not breaking down each response but to take them overall, I think there were some grains of truth and wisdom dished out in a really crappy and judgmental way. I don't think it's always like that here, and I don't think that most of the people who post here are like that all the time. Sadly, it looks like you caught it at a bad time.

As far as your original question (in the post that you were asking about) - I do know it's hard, and I do feel for you, but I think that working on maybe having some clear "cause and effect" sorts of discipline plans worked out could help. Like, you drop your book behind the bed, then you need to pick a different book. If you throw a fit about it, then you don't get a story tonight. Tell her what the consequences are before they happen.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:25 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• No, i understand what oyu are saying. If someone is looking to cause problems like a certain lady on here, they are going to for the hell of it no matter what. I ask a question and i understand others have different views and i take that into consideration all of the time. I think a lot of women on here use this site as a place where they can vent and be crazy and rude outside of their normal real life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• cont

Or, if she doesn't eat so much of her meal (personally, I wouldn't push the clean plate thing, but do __ amount), then no treat after. Then, the next night, if she starts to carry on, you remind her - "remember the rule - if you don't eat ___ amount of your lunch, no treat later." Then, later, if she asks for a treat - remind her of the rule "remember when you didn't eat... etc.

If she starts to have a temper tantrum (at 4, unless there's a developmental delay, she is well old enough be learning to use her words instead), you tell her, I'm sorry, but Mommy can't understand you when you're yelling like that, and I don't like to be screamed at. You need to sit on your bed (or in time out, or whatever), until you can use your words and we can talk about it. Don't do a set time - do until the tantrum is done.

It will be hard at first until she gets that fits don't work anymore, but you CAN do this! good luck :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:32 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Thanks ladies...oh and just so you know i posted this question after i got the first 3 responses to my questions...after those one the ladies were very sweet and helpful it was just those first ones to me were CRAZY!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:52 AM on Jun. 12, 2010