Do you ever wish you could get away from it all?

On those days where you're just fed up w/ everything, hubby, kids, house, etc do you ever just wish you could get in your car & drive away for a while? When you need a break what do you like to do? Where would you go? What would you do?

Nyx7

Asked by Nyx7 at 7:49 AM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I really could use just one whole day to myself. Unfortunately, it will never happen. I would love to be on a beach someplace far, far away. Just laying out on the beach listening to the sounds of the ocean. Imagine having a day where you are not obligated to do anything but just do for yourself?
    twinluv

Answer by twinluv at 8:55 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• When I need a break I call a few friends and we leave our kids with the men and get together for a movie in and a few glasses of wine at someone's house. There are far more days that I want to do this than I can.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:06 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• '' Far more days that I'd like to do this than I can." I here that!,lol " Calgone take me away~!~
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 8:38 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I had that day yesterday. But I can't just take off and take a break most of the time. My husband is gone for work a lot. My parents are very busy too. But if I could get away for a day I would, so when I get the chance I do. When my husband is home he tells me to get out of the house, even if it is to go to Walmart LOL But I would love to have an entire day to do something like shopping, go to a movie and restaurant, basically things that cost money and I am too tight to spend it LOL So my down time consists of reading or sitting here when both babies are asleep.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:38 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Ladies set up the time and place I will be there. I was on here Friday, thinking I could talk to some nice moms to make my day better, boy was I wrong. Today I am having a me day and I am going out!!Have a great day ladies "Hugs"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I have these days too! Sometimes I lie in bed at night and think about all the places I would runaway too. My favorite place I daydream about is a deserted island...
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 8:49 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• if felt like this last night. I needed a break. DS was driving me crazy and when SO got home from work he spent the majority of the rest of the day outside. But as soon as he settled down and ds was ready for bed, I got too tired to go out lol.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:30 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Yes. Sometimes when I'm driving to work, I think, "I could just stay on the highway and keep on driving." But then I don't know where I would go if I actually did it.
    FrogSalad

Answer by FrogSalad at 9:59 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I go to Starbucks.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:39 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I feel that way every minute of every day. Sigh. 10 years of being home with kids and a house and no breaks. It's exhausting mentally. I usually lock myself in my room with a favorite set of TV on DVD and some knitting. Or I read. Either way any time the kids come in I tell them to figure out whatever it is on their own. They can make their own food and stuff, they don't need me to do everything for them.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:43 AM on Jun. 12, 2010