How long did it take for you to get pregnant after you took out your IUD?

I have the paraguard IUD, not mirena.

MDT09

Asked by MDT09 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Im not sure about the paraguard..but I had mirena, and we didnt try for 2 yrs but the day we did try I got pregnant...so I dunno if we started to try right away we might have gotten pregnant soon after..but Mirena has horomones in it, paraguard is non-hormonal so it may be faster??!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• You took out your IUD, all by yourself??? That's what you said..."How long did it take for you to get pregnant after you took out your IUD? " I didn't think anyone could take out an IUD. WHat the heck? I went to my Doctor to have mine removed. But I didn't want to get pregnant. I was having bad bleeding with my IUD.
    Anonymous

• anon :07, i'm sure she had a medical professional take it out FOR her. Common sense says that if she tried to remove it herself, she'd probably be in the hospital, not on CM.

At any rate...I had a surgery in which I had to have mine removed (they did a hysteroscopy and D&C so they had to enter my cervix and uterus) and I started my period two days later (thought it was bleeding from the D&C...but I was WRONG-O!), and got pregnant that month! I found out I was pregnant when I went to have it put back in! Oops!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• 2 1/2 weeks
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• mine actually fell out after having it for 2 1/2 years and it took about 2 months to get pregnant. but i also had the mirena.
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 3:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2010