post-pardom question....kinda personal!

ok, i hope this isnt TMI for anyone, but this is something ive been wondering about:
im 1 month post-preggo & im still bleeding. i know some women bleed for a week or so & some bleed for like 6 weeks but i had lochia for 1st 2 weeks, it stopped for like 5 days & then started back. im not sure if the 2nd time around would be considered my 1st post-baby period or if my body is still outta wack?! HELP

mommyw2010

Asked by mommyw2010 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Postpartum, is that what you mean?
    It depends on how heavy the bleeding is. I bled ightly for at least a month after my 2nd baby . It didn't seem to be a problem.The other two pregnancies, not as long . If you are worried, just call your Doctor's offfice and ask about it. If the Doctor wants to see you or just gives you an answer, at least it will ease your mind. DOn't worry though. I'm sure it will be fine. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• You could Google "Post partum bleeding" or just call your doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I bled forever with my first son, finally called the DR and found that I still had a piece of afterbirth left inside that was the cause of the bleeding.

Call and check with your Dr but it is not abnormal to bleed for a while.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:32 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Hi. Don't worry, I think it's normal. I'm 3 months post partum now and I bled for almost 8 weeks off and on. It would stop for 5 or 6 days and start up again for the same amount of time. I just barely have my first post partum period at the end of last month, so I think you're okay as long as you're not bleeding a ton, which, you would know that something wasn't right if that were the case. Also, if you're breastfeeding you may not have a period until your baby starts on solids, around 6-9 months.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• with only 5 days not bleeding between, I would say this is still postpartum lochia. I bled for 2 and a half weeks, got a period three weeks later and I'm breastfeeding. If you are bleeding through a pad in an hour or have anything else that concerns you, call your doc.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:58 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I think you're fine. I think the average is like 3 or 4 weeks.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 12, 2010