Becoming pregnant after the Depo Pervera BC shot

I was on the depo shot for 5 1/2 years! I got my last dose in October 09 and was due for the next dose December 09 but never got it. Since then I had 1 very light (more like break threw bleeding) period that only lasted maybe 2-3 days which was in early May. Nothing since then... We want to get pregnant and I am getting impatient! I know the makers of Depo say it could take up to 18 mths to become pregnant... but how long has it taken you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Health

• I know some who got pregnant right away.... a month after stopping the depo shot, for others it takes a while, there really is no one answer.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:09 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• You can chart your temps so you have an idea whats going on with your body and ovulation. You can find charts online and all you need is a digital thermometer. That's how I got pregnant 6 times when infertility docs said I would never get pregnant.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:14 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I was on the shot for 3 years and we decided we wanted to get preganat i didn't have a period for a couple months so i went to the doc and she put me on a fertility medicine called clomid for 6 months and we still didn't get preganat then we just stoped trying and 3 months later i'm preganat! It's was unexpected but a nice surprise! Maybe you should talk with your doc about your options! I hope everything works out for you!
    sweetmissa47

Answer by sweetmissa47 at 10:16 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• geez I know several women who got pregnant on the shot. I am surprised you didn't get knocked up in those last 5 years.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:27 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• concentrate on getting your body healthy - eat healthy, whole natural foods - get plenty of antioxidants and read up on foods that regulate your hormones (all of them, not just sex hormones). i'm soooo glad you are off depo - i can't believe that shit is even legal... it should happen when you're ready - don't try to rush it. i haven't had depo for about 14 years and have had long-term health problems from it - your body needs time to readjust. for most people fertility is not an issue from depo if i remember right, but lots of other things are. good luck.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 12, 2010