Being pregnant in the summer...

This is the first time I'm going to be huge pregnant during the summer,lol.
My other two were born in Febuary and March so my huge months, it was cold and snowy. I was hot then. Right now I am 26 weeks pregnant with our third..due September 16 (yay) and girlsssssssssssssssssssss...I am already feeling the HEAT!! OMG..If I could get away with running around naked as a jay bird all day without scaring the crap out of the neighbors...and people as they drive by...I swear..I would do it!!!! lol. Please someone tell me how do you keep cool all day? I have no central air, we live in an old country house built in 1857. I have an a.c. unit but thats only in the bedrooms.Can't stay in there all day...wish I could,lol. I'm about to go sit my big butt in the baby pool outside!! lol. Think I'll look funny running through the sprinklers? lol

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:21 AM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• do what you gotta do!! haha during summer.. oh man it was hot where i live 100 an above everyday! i bought a little kiddie pool filled it with water an sat under a tree like 4 times a day!

maybe get some fans to put around the rest of the house to try an cool off? good luck! i know how it feels :) make sure to drink lots of water to!
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 10:27 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I would honestly sit in front of the AC unit if I were you. I remember sleeping without covers with the ac turned down and the fan on because I was soo hot. My baby was a July baby.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:33 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• i'v been keeping ice water close by. usually in the middle of the day i will go turn the cold water on in the shower and stand under it a few minutes. and turn on fans to keep the air moving
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Im 23 weeks and always Hot! Keeping a water bottle to spray cold water on yourself whenever You get hot can help.I always just go to the pool.
    From2to3

Answer by From2to3 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Get some water bottles and freeze them. Then take the a frozen bottle and put it against the back of your neck. Then you can drink the water as it thaws.
    Get one of those little spray-mist fans that you wear around your neck and use it as needed. I would probably invest in some rechargeable batteries.
    This is kind of a strange one, but I've found that chewing mint gum right before I drink some water helps cool me off better than just drinking water.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:36 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Honey I am 38 weeks today so I feel ya. Keep hydrated. That is the key to staying well.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 10:43 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• summner dresses and get you a fan that you can sit in front of. Drink lots of water.I know how you feel I was huge pregnant wiht my duaghter and I thought i was going to melt..
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I will be 26wks on Saunday and I know what you mean when I am at home I have the blinds closed and dark curtains through out the whole house I have learned it keeps the house cool and I walk aroung in my panties and bra. But when we are out and about I wear a bunch of tank tops and shorts and sandals or dresses and my hair is in a pony tail. I also take cool showers during the day if I am that hot. and I keep a pack of watter bottles in the fridge at all times. I am due September 19 and I want these summer days to go by quick
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 11:14 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I remember those days! I had 1 in may, 1 in July, *&* 2 in August , so I know it's no pic-nic! It's only going to get hotter so getting as ready as you can is a good start.Summer dresses(comfy for you) ones. Have plenty of water bottles in the fridge stocked & ready to go, grab one every time you leave the house, even to take a walk. Keep your hair up & out of your face(if it's long), waer light colored clothes if you can it helps.AC's!!! THE MORE THE BETTER. *&* FANS. Cool treats, lots of popsicles, cut up fruit salad ready to eat whenever is yummy and easy to grab when it's already made. Try doing your chores @ night after the sun has gone down. Take it easy, slow down, just relax the rest of your pregnancy everything will still be there after the baby is born.Things that HAVE to be done ask for help, ask other siblings to do extra chores for the summer. Even little ones like to be helpful.Cold wash cloths, Good Luck!
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 11:26 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Im 33 weeks on my 2nd baby, an i also dont have central air..so i totally feel ur pain. we have a a.c thats made for a smaller room, it keeps it comfortable with a fan. but upstairs is a diff story. its hot an humid when its the same outside. so i rely on fans to keep me cool. i cnt sleep with a sheet unless its cool enough. las night it wasnt. lol. so hey if u gota extra $99 get a small a.c an put it in the room ur most in. it wnt keep it totally cold, but itll be comfortable. GL.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2010