stage 2 foods

When did you start stage 2 foods?

I heard that you start when your child sits on there own... but is it first starting to sit or completely unassisted? my son is 5 1/2 month an sitting on his own perfect! but I dont know when to start =/

akalei

Asked by akalei at 10:23 AM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never used baby foods. You can fork mash regular food, put it in front of the baby, and let the baby feed himself. This is the preferred method. Baby food is expensive, watered down, usually doesn't taste good, you have to spoon feed, and isn't environmentally friendly.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:27 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Gailll, she didn't ask for your opinion on wether or not to give her child baby food or not...or what kind.

To the OP...you start whenever he can handle them....usually solids aren't started until about 6 months....but if your baby is already through the stage 1 foods, then why not buy a couple packs of the stage 2 and try it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• is your baby on stage 1's now? usually if they can handle stage 1's really well you can move them up whenever you're ready to. The main difference is consistency, stage 2 is a little thicker.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• thank you anonymous :)

and gailll..whats wrong with spoon feeding? i would assume you eat with a spoon an fork as well... so whats the difference? you being older.. thats the only thing...
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 11:53 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• yes hes on stage 1's now :)
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 11:54 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• all my baby wants to do is play with the spoon when i try to feed her.

start stage 2 if you want. from what i heard on here you're supposed to start solids when they can sit up by themselves, but if you're already doing it then do whatever you want.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• If yout baby can handle it start it. But gaill is right, its a waste of money. Just give table food. Tastier and cheaper.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• If he can sit on his own not propped by anything for a while then hes ready. Thats what i did with my son. I started stage one at 4 months (per my dr), and at 5 months when he sat well switched to stage 2. Stage 3 is crawler. I never did stage 3 (although he started crawling at 5.5 months). I just went to table foods at 7 months :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• WIC says that stage 2 is the same as stage one just in a bigger jar!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I would agree w/ JoLee.

I make my own baby food... and I suggest waiting until 6 months :)
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2010