Help! My 3.5 year old has started wetting the bed almost every night!

DS has been potty trained since last fall. He was wearing Pull-Ups at night until April when we ran out, and he'd been waking up dry for about a month. All of a sudden this week he's started wetting the bed. Twice was in the morning when he woke up, and twice he's done it in his sleep but he woke up after he did it. We already limit what he drinks once he comes home from daycare. We have a hard time getting him to get out of bed on his own. Any suggestions? My nerves and washing machine can't take much more!

Journey311

Asked by Journey311 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Put Pull-ups or diapers back on. You can use old fashioned cloth training pants and waterproof covers and avoid the costs involved with disposibles. I can't make it through the night without going to the bathroom! He is sleeping too deeply to wake up and go to the bathroom. You don't want him getting up at night and waking everyone up. It's not good to limit fluids in the summer.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:41 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• This is just something that might take some more time for him.It's expensive I KNOW, but totally out of our hands. I also go through a tuff time with my dd she wears one @ night for bed.She doesn't drink an hour before bed.& we have her go pee before she hops into bed. I'm not sure what else to do...if you hear another way..please share~Good Lck~Stephy
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 11:13 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• My pediatrician said that many kids can't stay dry at night until 5 or beyond. My DD wore the overnight pull ups until she was just over 4. Make sure they are specifically the overnight kind or they will leak. I waited until she was dry every night for almost a month before pulling the plug on them. She's just over 5 now and we've had maybe 3 or 4 accidents in the last almost year. She's able to get up and go on her own now (well, she comes and gets us) if she has to go in the night. Good luck!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:31 AM on Jun. 12, 2010

• OP here. I'm really tempted to put him back in Pull Ups at night time, but DH doesn't think we should. He says it's like going backwards, especially since he's done so well in underwear for the past 2 months. I think we're going to start taking him potty when we go to bed around 11, and hopefully that will help. I just wish we could get him to get out of bed on his own. He'll wake up in the mornings and play until one of us wakes up and gets him. Then there are some mornings he'll wake up, and DH is in the shower, and I'm nursing the baby so we can't always go into his room to get him up.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2010