Does something always hinder your plans?

So we live on a lake, and EVERY time we've made plans to go out on the boat this year, it's rained. Today makes the 5th....FIFTH planned boating day that has been ruined by rain and/or t-storms.

We've been out twice this year without rain, both unplanned, spur-of-the-moment outings.

Why, Rain? Why?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 11:37 AM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Awww, I'm sorry OP....that sucks!
    Every year my husband makes plans for just him and I to get away for a weekend or just for a day to DC to visit some nice museums and enjoy a dinner at a nice restaurant on our anniversary, but every year something comes up where the money is needed for something else. What can I say? Our children come first.
    We have been married for 17 1/2 years, never had a honeymoon, and have NEVER been able to go out to celebrate our anniversary. We have 3 children and 1 granddaughter - all of whom live with us. Our older daughter is finally getting an apartment, our middle daughter just graduated HS and will be joining the Navy early next year, and our youngest is 16 1/2 and has 2 years of HS left, unless she fails a class or two (again).
    We just don't feel comfortable leaving them home alone and there is no one to take them so we have to be patient I guess.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:41 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• You live on a lake? Lucky! I live on a little pond, but I call it a lake:) We can't swim or boat in it, but we can fish:) Anyways, yes! We had two of my son's baseball games to go to last night, but they were cancelled because of rain. Our friends were going to come over this afternoon for a BBQ but it's raining so we cancelled:( We also were going to go to a baseball game this evening but it is supposed to be raining so that is out too. Ugh! Mother nature...
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:48 AM on Jun. 12, 2010