Why do people hate Wal Mart? (spin off from another question)

theutilitarian

Asked by theutilitarian at 11:58 AM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not a walmart hater here. We love it. You can normally find anything you want for a reasonable price. I like that I don't have to run store to store and leave a lot of crap in my car and haul my kid in and out of a carseat a billion times a day.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:08 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Maybe the lines? That's the only thing I hate about WalMart. Other than that, I love the get-everything-that-I-need-at-one-place feel that it gives me.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I PREFER target. I just do .... but walmart is closer and we have lots of friends there who sneak us a discount sometimes. So financially, walmart is better for us. I just know to NEVER buy clothes there, except underwear maybe
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I dont hate walmart except the nasty bathrooms I dont go in there yuck!!!Or there grumpy employs other than that they have great low prices
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 12:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• They treat their employees like S***!!
    Anonymous

• generally speaking, though, I think most people associate walmart w/ creepy trashy people and a company that treats its workers and the planet like poop.

you've all seen the creatures of walmart blog?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I hate Walmart because they have taken over many of the smaller chains and mom & Pop stores. Sure, it's convenient to have everything in one place, but I also like to try to support the little guy when I can. Plus, you just don't get the same service as you do with the little shops.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I also despise Walmart's practice of working their employee's like dogs one week, and barely anything the next week in order to average out not having to pay overtime. If you put in 70 hours one week and only 5 the next you SHOULD get paid over time for the 30 the week you worked 70 hours!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I fyou google issues with Wal-Mart, you will find a lot. Here are two links.

http://webhost.bridgew.edu/jhayesboh/badbusiness.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Wal-Mart

The City of Chicago has had a long time Ban on allowing Wal-Mart in the city. We now have 1 wal-mart in the city. I walked in Wal-Mart once and felt creeped out. I don't like one stop shopping for food, clothes, furniture, electronics. Too big box from me. I like going to fruit markets and meat markets.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 12:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I love Wal-Mart it rocks in my book and I have been a customer and employee.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 12, 2010