How did you feed your baby?

When you started your LO on solids how did you feed them? Was it breakfast, lunch, dinner; same as the rest of the family? Did they get snacks of solids, or was it just bottles/nursing the rest of the time?

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When we first started solids we did it as breakfast,lunch, dinner and a night time snack of cereal in his bottle :)
    Anonymous

• baby gets solids on a spoon whenever there is extra time for it, she doesn't really care for it or eat more than a few teaspoons a day... guess that doesn't really help you! eating at mealtime with you would be ideal.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I started with cereal at 5 months I think.. it was just around lunch time, and that was it, as she grew to like that, I moved it toward mornings, and started gerber foods. about half a jar mixed with some cereal at dinner time. After we tried all stage ones, her stage ones went to lunch time and we started stage 2 at dinners (no meat ones until she was 7 months). And went from there. By 10 months we went to more condensed solids, and so on and so forth.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• our liitle one is 7 months old and EBF. I nurse him on demand through out the day (and when he wakes up at night). We started him on solids about a week ago. He gets one jar a day at dinner time with the rest of us. Sometimes he'll eat the whole jar sometimes just a couple spoonfuls. I nurse him before he gets the solids. So, breastmilk is still his main "food". I haven't started cereal yet, not sure if I will.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 1:00 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• When my kids had enough teeth,they started eating the usual table food with us at meals . I never put ceral in a bottle as a snack or meal...its not good. For a snack, I would give them sliced bananas or applesauce. And when they were little, had no teeth yet,I started them on baby fruit and cereal at about 2 months.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I fed her at mealtimes, breakfast lunch and dinner, starting at about 8months (she is EBF). I'd overcook some brown rice or mash up sweet potatoes or canned peas or something.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 2:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2010