How many of you have to go to the laundry mat?

I live in an apartment that doesn't have washer/dryer hook ups. So I have to go to the laundry mat to wash my clothes. I HATE it! I wish I could just do them here at home and it wouldn't be that big of a deal because I do them with my son too. But going to the laundry mat is so hard because they only have 3 washers and 3 dryers at our laundry mat in the apartment complex and those are always taken up. Plus it is a long walk to pack the laundry there anyway. And I hate going to the big laundry mat because of all the freaks that seem to always be there. And I just can't afford to have them done for me. So who else hates going to laundry mat as much as me. Because right now I have like 2 outfits to wear, no clean socks and 2 clean towels....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i have to walk two miles to do laundry one there and one back its okay. lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• pinkdragon36, damn girl. That sucks and your saying its okay?
    Anonymous

• Same here. We have more washer and dryers than that but i've had problems with them taking to much money because they use some kind of reloadable card system and the dryers never dry all my clothes. Thank fully my grandma has been in a good mood lately so she has been picking them up and washing them for me at her house.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I hate it too. Our trailer we're renting has the hookups for them, but we don't have them yet. We're saving for them. I figure I'll do the washer first and just hang the clothes around to dry. I've seen some around here who have lines on their porch, so I guess I'll do that and just drape the undies on the shower rod or something.
    I lucked out w/the one we go to though. I found one that is almost dead in the morning and has a bunch of washers and dryers.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I only go there to wash my car mats. I rather not, but I'm not going to get my washer and dryer filthy doing them at home.
    There are some interesting people there though...Last time I was there I was sitting next to a guy probably in his late 50's. He didn't talk to me, but when he left an employee came up to me and asked if I saw him put anything in the magazines? I said no...The laundry mat was having problems with somebody putting pornographic pictures in their magazines. Who does that?
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I don't anymore thank God but I used to and I hated it. We should have just paid more to rent a better place since it cost so much to go to the laundromat anyways.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 12:21 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• We had to go to the laundry mat for one or two months straight when our washer broke (they kept coming out to fix it and it kept breaking!) It sucked. Thankfully, ours is big and opens early. If you got there early enough you could get everything into 4 or 5 washers (they even have huge ones which can do 5 or 6 loads of laundry as one big load), get everything washed in an hour, and then have it dried in another hour, and be done fairly quickly. But yeah, it sucked not being able to just wash things when I felt like it.
    Anonymous

• I think it is "Laundromat".....as opposed to "welcome mat". LOL. The last time I used a Laundromat was when we were waiting for our washer and dryer to be delivered after we moved into our new home years ago.
    Anonymous

• I only go when we have too much laundry, since we moved in we have kept it under control, bfefore we had to walk a few blocks.

We have a washer and dryer now, im so grateful.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I used to have to cuz our washer stopped working and then once we got a new washer the dryer broke grrr.man you meat some weird ass people in those damn things and the washers stink and smell sour as do the dryers I finally broked down splurged fixed the dryer and bought a new washer...
    Anonymous