20 hours TOTAL flight with a 3yr old HELP!

I've done this flight before when he was two, but im starting to freak out again! What should I bring to keep him quiet? What are some quiet toys you bring on your flights with kids? snacks?
Am i allowed to take snacks on the plane? Im going from Venice Italy to atlanta georgia, then on to my final destination and I need to keep him from going into a meltdown mode so can I bring his fave snacks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hopefully they will have individual tvs for each seat, like most of the planes on the long flights do. If you have a laptop you can put some of your sons favorite tv shows or movies on it and bring that just in case or a portable dvd player. But snacks are good, Idk if they let food through security or not but you could always buy some after you get through security. You could also bring stuff for him too color if he likes coloring. If I were you Id bring one of those travel pillows so he would be more comfortable and hopefully sleep well during the flight so he then wouldn't be grumpy and tired the whole time. If he has any hand held games like a Leapfrog leapster those would be a good thing to bring. You can also Google "plane travel games for kids" you can find a lot of tips and games you can try. I wish you Good luck!!!!
    Anonymous

• Children's Benadryl....
    Anonymous

• OP
    My luck Benadryl would SO backfire. Besides im not really into that idea
    Anonymous

• LOL---Anon 12/31 I was thinking the same thing,, is there anyway you can break up the flight? Is it direct or do you have to fly from Italy straight through? If you have to go to New York first,, try to do an overnight flight,, then ;perhaps spend the day there,, I would take books and I believe you can use a portable DVD player on that long of flight,, You and I both know that 20 hours is ALOT,, and there is going to be a couple of melt downs,, I would let him run like crazy on the layovers to get him worn out! Take a sucker for him to suck on during take off and landing,, and have an awesome trip,,, are you moving back to the states or just visiting?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• OP
    just visiting for 3 weeks.
    I have 3 hours in atlanta, and an hour in another city before making it to the final destination.
    I have never flown into the states, only out, and I didnt know that you have to go get your bags, then re check them, so that is another added stress!
    Anonymous

• Well you can get help with your luggage,, andyou can bring food for snacks on the plane,, but not liquid unless it is purchased after you check in,, Customs these days take longer than it used to,, hope you enjoy your viist!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2010