Yes I am Sure!

Anyone have this happen? Everyone looks at me with this sad, disappointed face and tries to get me to change my mind!
I would be fine if asked "Are you Sure?" and left at that, but people continue...
(THIS IS ALSO COMING FROM MY DOCTOR BY THE WAY).....

Them:why? you make sure beautiful babies.
Me:Thank you, but I was blessed with two and I'm good!
Them:You aren't going to try for a girl?
Me:It would have been interesting to experience a girl, but my boys have brought me the greatest joy. And there's no guarantee the next one would be a girl anyway...and besides I don't want three. I only want two.
Them:You mean you're done? But what if something happens to one of them?
Me:........Excuse Me? Are you saying like if one of them dies I'll regret that I can't rush to replace him? They aren't pets.
Them:Well, take some time to think about it, you never know.

My husband and I are 100% happy. We ARE SURE!

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• lol you went into way more of an explanation than i would have! yes... that pretty much would've done it.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• oh my goodness... i have 2 boys and i get the saamme thing all the time... the only difference btwn us is we are going to try for a 3rd bc we wnt 3 but ppl are rushing us! im like my youngest just turned1 give me a second to breathe! tell ppl to put a sock in it and if the ywant more babies they should have them
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I get the same thing and I only have the one girl. People are always trying to talk us into "trying for a boy". Funny thing is, if we even wanted another, the chances of a boy are most likely slim to none since my husband, and all his brothers have only had girls.
    Although I have to give you credit for your patience. I usually stop the questioning at "Why?" with some smart ass remark.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I thing that people dont want you to rush into a decision, I know personally on my street 4 women who regret their choice! So do many other people, and that is why the questions arise! Good luck, and do what you feel is right
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I'm sure the doctor is speaking from experience where young moms know for sure, they get fixed and then come back crying they made a mistake. Don't bash the doctor. Just tell him your decision but if you change your mind in time I'd find another dr bc he's going to say "I told you so!"

Answer by admckenzie at 5:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I think it's great you are sure. I had a tubal with the birth of my second and I regret it. I thought I was sure, I guess they run into so many that have changed their mind! Although their "what if something happened to one" is moronic!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2010